Colts QB Andrew Luck, former No. 1 pick, announces he’s retiring

(CNN) — Quarterback Andrew Luck, the very first pick in the 2012 NFL draft and a four-time Pro Bowl selection, declared on Saturday night that he’s retiring.
“This isn’t a simple decision,” the Indianapolis Colts player told reporters. “For the previous four decades or so I have been in this cycle of injury, pain, rehabilitation, injury, pain, and rehabilitation. And it’s been unceasing and unrelenting… and the only way I see is to no longer play football.”
Injuries had kept 29, Luck, from playing in the preseason. He had been about the Colts’ sideline Saturday. As the news of his retirement spread, Luck was booed as he left the area, a number of videos shared on the web series.
Luck said that the pain has taken away his joy for the sport and he has not been able to live the life he wants to live. He and the 2016 year played he left a vow he wouldn’t go down that road, and explained.
He also missed the 2017 year since he recovered from shoulder surgery, according to the Colts site. When he returned for the 2018 season, he had a 98.7percent passer rating, 39 touchdowns and was selected for its 2018 Pro Bowl. Luck was given the AP Comeback Player of the Year that season.
However he stated Saturday that since he could not put his soul into the game; he would have been selling himself and his teammates brief.
He stated he told his teammates before he retired.
Luck signed a $122 million contract in 2016, based on spotrac.com. He would have made a base salary of $9.125 million in 2019 and a roster bonus.
The year opens September 8.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *